Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at heightened levels or with long exposure.