Preventing it from happening is the most essential step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Ocala.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when operated properly but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.