Preventing it from happening is the most essential step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Ocala.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when run properly but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.