Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could guarantee a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Expose minor problems early: Issues with your home comfort system usually form slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and fix little problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working as intended.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from expensive repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, our technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.