The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you might first opt for continuing the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets expensive fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.