Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Ocala, you might be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at peak efficiency, making your family more comfortable and decreasing your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be authorized for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the cost of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 352-414-4006 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.