Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and reducing your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be authorized for a special deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the cost of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 352-414-4006 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.