Summer is typically a busy time of year for many families in Ocala. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Ocala heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Ocala heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 352-414-4006 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Ocala heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Ocala temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.