Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other addition to your residence, being cozy in your new area no matter the weather is a priority. However, they can create a unique challenge for contentment. This is because installing ductwork is pricey. And that your heating and cooling system may not be able to handle the increased load, since it was sized without including the addition.
One of the most cost-effective solutions is to get a mini-split. This system provides energy-efficient heating and cooling, with no ductwork required. Discover more about mini-splits and how installing one in your addition could be a good fit.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Work
A ductless mini-split, as they’re nearly identical to ducted heat pumps that southern homeowners have relied on for decades.
Heat pumps are highly energy efficient since they shift heat to make your room comfier. In reality, many have reached ENERGY STAR® certification, which may make you eligible for added rebates and reduce your energy bills for many years.
Another special feature is zoned heating and cooling. As each room usually has its own indoor unit, you can choose your preferred temperature from room to room. As an instance, a mini-split AC is particularly useful if you have a room with special temperature needs, including a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Space
Installing a mini-split system is worth it for areas that are without ductwork. Here are a few reasons why it’s smarter than extending ductwork and leaning on your existing heating and cooling system.
- Installing ductwork is pricey. Extending ductwork in your new addition can be expensive. Although the precise figure will depend on your unique situation, it run thousands of dollars.
- Your present home comfort system could become overworked. When your existing heating and cooling system was installed, it was based on the square footage of your house before the addition. This may overwork your system and make it wear down more quickly.
- Your comfort may decrease. As your heating and cooling system is sized for precise square footage, your comfort may suffer if your system has to take care of a bigger space. Your heating and cooling might be less efficient, and your electricity and gas bills may become costlier due to the system needing to operate more regularly.
What Size Mini-Split You Need
Like traditional systems, mini-splits are available in varying sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most regularly installed sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you collaborate our Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ll help you select the proper size for your new area. And your price point.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can result in huge energy savings over its life span, which can be 20 years or longer when routinely maintained. ENERGY STAR says installing one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, in comparison with an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Mini-Split Installation
From addressing all your questions and helping you select the ideal model to supplying Expert mini-split installation, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can take care of all your mini-split needs. If you’re thinking about a home addition or recently completed one, we can provide support. Give us a call at 352-414-4006 today to request a free consultation and estimate.