There are a lot of fumes that could be in your Ocala residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from residential furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006 now to get started defending your family against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a serious issue, so it’s not something to joke about.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you can’t see it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small amounts and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can creep into your residence during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide could become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once breathed in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to take it out of your system. It requires an extra five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Act Like Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also cause conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Each home with at least one gas heater, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have an alarm on every level of your house, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide detector, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and replace the detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, get out of your residence right away and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your family can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006 to learn more.