No matter what the temperature outside, the temperature in your house dictates how comfortable you will be. Choose the right temp and your house will be a comfortable escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Take time to take an in-depth look at how you’re utilizing your heating and cooling equipment. It could be the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Complete this short quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are almost here. How do you prepare your AC?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Make an appointment with the professionals for seasonal maintenance.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having a party on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your solution?
- Tell my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it functioning before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and wish for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What happens when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Have my contractor choose and finance it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and expenses by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system currently available.
- When you get your next monthly energy bill, what do you anticipate you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My home comfort charges have increased quite a bit.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I read it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Find my toolbox and devote a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Book a qualified technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and pray it ends.
Now check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are right on track. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for your future replacement. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make some changes to help your equipment perform better. Read below to learn how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Arrange Yearly Maintenance While replacing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are important tasks to prepare your system for a different season, a professional maintenance appointment is essential to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your professional technician will perform a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC Expert will look out for more serious issues for your HVAC. That could save you a pricey breakdown in the future.
Select an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained HVAC systems can have trouble occasionally. And it always seems to hit at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that vital service to customers at no other cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Many HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make a plan now to escape last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It gives you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they greatly change. Your energy bills can show you more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a steady increase in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is probably going on with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call a professional when you detect a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left unchecked it could make for an high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, think about installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!