Planning regular AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioner equipment in Ocala operating at its top performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also could even help extend its life span.
While there are several tasks you can do alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a large amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps near, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling equipment freshened and checked out. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or installation, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may turn very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep might be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner system in the best condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, as this could limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need additional action, we are ready to give you the most economical option. Uncovering possible troubles early may solve larger problems later on. This also gives you time to plan if your unit is aging.
When you are seeking an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to choose the right system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to book your service? Give us a call at 352-414-4006 or schedule an appointment online right away.