Planning yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Ocala operating at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption down. It also could even help extend its life span.
While there are a couple tasks you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling equipment freshened and checked out. Waiting to flip it on until the first warm day of the summer can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that may become very unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh air conditioning system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep might be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC system in the best condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could lower your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, as this could limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is switching on, operating and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need additional action, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering possible troubles early could solve larger problems later on. This also gives you time to plan if your unit is aging.
When you are seeking an updated AC system, our Experts will work with you to locate the right system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to book your service? Give us a call at 352-414-4006 or schedule an appointment online now.