Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Ocala and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving technology in modern air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your power bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a couple other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.