Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Ocala and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in modern air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your power bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a couple other things to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 352-414-4006 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.